Re: restoring text mode after x server crash

Bryan Mark wrote:

> ctrl-alt-<virtual console> doesn't work for you?
> I just ctrl-alt-F2 for example and *voila* text mode.

On one machine that I use, ctrl-alt-F1 causes the machine to hang.  I don't
know why.

Of course on another machine it works and I thank the member of this mailing
list who taught me.  Though actually it's most likely due to software
differences than hardware differences, even though the hardware is vastly
different.

-- Norman Diamond