a2ps

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a2ps to work with Japanese.
I had installed the original a2ps 4.13 without Japanese support first.
Then, I applied two patches to the source: a2ps-4.13-contrib.patch and
a2ps-4.13-ja_nls.patch, recompiled and installed it. Now I get the
messages in Japanese (like "total: 1 page, 1 sheet. file xxxx saved"),
but the postscript file is still mojibake for japanese text. What am I
doing wrong? (I'm using Vine Linux)

Thanks in advance.