From: BABA Yoshihiko [mailto:baba_yoshihiko@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 7:24 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Boot Floppy on Sparc

Hi all,

I have Sparc running Solaris 2.x, which cannot find user "root" and thus
cannot start up. I need to boot somehow to edit /etc/shadow.  But I just
found that Solaris itseld doesn't have boot disk and Linux boot disk doesn't

support Solaris filesystem. I also found that I could mount the HD on
another Solaris and edit, which I don't want to do.  I might be wrong, and
am giving a try to this mailing list. I appreciate any help in advance.

Thank you

BABA Yoshihiko
Daido Information Technology
+81 (0)3 3316 8321

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Aug 10 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, Sep 15 13:30-  Akasaka Kumin Center