Re: X taking _long_ time to render fonts

Marc Christensen wrote:

[slow freetype]

Sadly, that is normal behaviour. The font server has to tell something
about the font's properties and will render all characters to gather that
information (IIRC it was average width or something like that).
I don't know if someone is working on that problem though.
Maybe some kind of caching would be a good idea ?
I would imagine that not being too difficult, but instead I guess most
people don't notice the problem because they use only fonts with not
that much characters in it, so the server will not block that long.

For something related I don't understand why Anti-aliasing won't work
with big (asian) Truetype fonts (or did they fix that, did not try that
lately ?).

--
Tobias							     PGP-Key: 0x9AC7E0BC
echo ${SIGNATURE}