Linux firewall for a Samba || NT file server

I'm thinking of setting up a public file server (NT or Samba). I'll like to
make it somehat hacker-unfriendly of course.

I was thinking one easy way would be to install a small firewall in front of
the server that would only allow NetBIOS through. My knowledge of NetBIOS
and firewalls is pretty low so I was wondering if this

- will allowing only NetBIOS access make my server more secure (people won't
be able to telnet to it but maybe NetBIOS gives access to other security
holes?)
- if I allow only NetBIOS access will my file server still work as a file
server? (does a file server need more than NetBIOS? I assume Samba would
need TCP/IP?)
- can a firewall actually restrict anything but NetBIOS?

Thanks for the advice!

Jc