From: Jonathan Q [mailto:jq@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 9:45 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: adultery (was: Toshiba Laptop X server woes / Laptops)

Peter Evans (peter@example.com) wrote:

> Any brands or models to be avoided or searched out?

My experiences with Thinkpads has been terrific.  Light, cool, and
extremely reliable.  Also, you can get B5-sized Thinkpads that have
full-sized keys (we have a Thinkpad 240 at work and it's very
easy to type on).

You probably already know about the Linux-on-Laptops site, but this
is the place to go to check others' experience with installing on
a given model before you buy it:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

> That certainly sounds more cheering! (But perhaps the success is thanks
> in part to avoidance of the crappy alternatives.)

Avoiding crappy alternatives is important :-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Aug 10 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, Sep ?? 13:30-  Akasaka Kumin Center