Mandrake 8.0

Hi,

I have been trying to install Mandrake 8.0 ( standard edition)
from the CD-ROM. It starts as usual but stops (freezes) while
configuring PCMCIA card. It happens even with the "text mode"
installation too. As I don't have a floppy drive, I couldn't try the
floppy boot installation. Does anyone have any idea how to
install Mandrake LInux to a laptop from a CD? My CD drive is
connected with a PC card. Thanks.

Mandrake 7.0 installs fine, but have problem with the video card,
and can't mount CD-ROM. So I thought ver 8.0 would solve the
problem. Seems no LUCK.

My machine is a
SONY VAIO PCG-Z-505 GR/K
(probably the same with the international ver Z-505 HE or, HS)
External CD-ROM drive PCGA-CDRW52

Liton