Re: July Meeting Auction

Jack Morgan (jack@example.com) wrote:

> Also, we might be auctioning a new 18 GB 160 MB SCSI IBM
                                           ^^^

Just to clarify, he means it's an 18GB ultra-160 disk.
I have the 9GB model of this disk, and it's great, I highly
recommend them.  They're fast, quiet, and run cool.

This disk and adapter were originally purchased for use in the
TLUG server, but there was a change of plans (the adapter wouldn't
fit, and we couldn't find one that would), so IDE disks were used
instead.  This brand new Adaptec 19160 and IBM 18 GB u160 disk
are now being auctioned to cover our costs.  New price was about
30,000 yen for the disk and 20,000 yen for the card.

Like he said, bring money :-)

Jonathan