Re: RH 6.2 install causes screen to explode

Well, I'm getting there, slowly. I've even got the command prompt.
(Whoopee!) Thank you all for your help.

The command prompt is all I've got, though. Jonathan Q:

> You can configure it with /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config.

I have the directory, but (regardless of case) no such file there. I'm
glad I have half a ton of Linux books here, as every one says something
that the others don't. Anyway, one mentions /usr/X11R6/lib/XF86Config --
but I don't have that either. Moreover,

find XF86Config

from / doesn't find it. I suppose it's waiting to be installed from the
CD-ROM. But the CD-ROM is part of the single filesystem, no? I infer
that I don't even understand the find command. After all, it *instantly*
reports that it can't find the file, without any disk accessing.

(Yeah yeah, I'm a moron. Perhaps it would have helped if I'd even
*looked* at another Linux system before installing my own. But whether
or not I can figure out how to use an OS by doing it myself, I've never
yet been able to stay awake and learn anything without doing it by
myself. Thus you chaps have to suffer my stupid messages. Sorry!)