From: SN_Diamond [mailto:Norman.Diamond@example.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 9:21 PM
To: TLUG mailing list
Subject: How to make an existing file exist?

The rpm command refuses to upgrade to pilot-link-0.9.5-6 because it needs
file libreadline.so.4.

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4 is a symbolic link to /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.1
which is 177545 bytes long.

I'd rather not force rpm to ignore dependencies.  I'd rather force rpm to
recognize that dependencies are satisfied.  Anyone know how?

(Red Hat 7.0J plus a number of upgrades.)

Sincerely,
Norman Diamond
Norman.Diamond@example.com