terminal window size question

I'm using a windows 2000 MS-DOS window to telnet to my RH6.2 box. Everything
is fine except that I find myself wanting more than the default height of 25
lines.

I've tried changing the MS-DOS window properties but that didn't help. I
changed the window height from 25 to 40 lines. But if I telnet to my Linux
box as soon as I hit the 26th line the window resets itself to 25 lines.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is it a win2k problem or a terminal
setting on my Linux box I can changed?

Thanks!

Jc