Re: Software Store

A.Sajjad Zaidi (sajjad@example.com) wrote:

> You might also want to consider switching to dvorak. I did less than a
> month ago and although the speed isnt any better yet, it certainly is more
> comfortable to use.

Objective tests (sorry, no URL anymore) have found no
speed difference between Dvorak and QWERTY - so you probably
won't find any speed difference, ever.  The gist of the tests
was that typists sent to school for the Dvorak keyboard
were typing faster than typists on QWERTY keyboards, but when
the QWERTY typists were also sent to a training program, they came
back typing just as fast as the DVORAK typists.

However, typing comfort is very important, so if you've gotten
that out of it, then it it sounds like it was worth switching.
I know that when I switched to a Logitech cordless keyboard
(the "natural" one) it made a huge difference for me.  It's not
Dvorak, but it's worlds more comfortable than a standard keyboard.

Jonathan