Re: ADSL with E-Access & GOL

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:51:55PM +0900, Luke Kearney wrote:
> Hi There,
> That sounds like almost exactly what I am attempting to do. One question
> though, can you telnet to the gateway server from outside and run all those
> normal services like ftp etc ??
>
> If you can then I would be most grateful for your advice. Can you let me
> know what kind of settings you have on the router because I think that is
> the troublespot
>
> Thanks

I'm pretty sure the router that they use allows you to setup RNAT, which is what you are after by the way. I wouldn't suggest using the DHCP from the DSU
because it is flaky.  Anyway, I know its all in Japanese, but you should be able
to use a static address space behind the router, and specify all inbound
network traffic to the IP of your server box behind the DSU. I don't remember
if these settings exist but they might. I think it should be noted that the eaccess service is not intended to host services so it isn't really reasonable to expect eaccess and GOL to cater to that end.

//Matt