RE: ADSL with E-Access & GOL

Hi.

>That sounds like almost exactly what I am attempting to do.

Great.

>One question though, can you telnet to the gateway server from outside and
>run all those normal services like ftp etc ??

Yes and no. Eaccess' ip address is dynamic so you have to keep finding out
what it is if you want to access your box from the outside. And if you are
using a gateway you will be getting private ips so you will need to set up
the router to do some port mapping/forwarding stuff.

And I believe gol also blocks some well known ports so you can't set up a
web server either.

>If you can then I would be most grateful for your advice. Can you let me
>know what kind of settings you have on the router because I think that is
>the troublespot

No settings at all. The firewall/gateway is plugged into the router and the
LAN. That's it. Just had to set up DHCP client and server software onthe
FreeBSD firewall, configure it and that was pretty much it.

If that's too vague just ask specifics and I'll be happy to anser :)

Jc