Yaesu central exit (Was I'm Sorry...)

>> From tlug-request@example.com Sat Jun 16 02:12 JST 2001
>> From: Scott Stone <SStone@example.com>
>> To: "'tlug@example.com'" <tlug@example.com>
>> Subject: RE: I'm Sorry...
>> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:11:42 -0700
>>

>> Jonathan, finding the "Yaesu above ground exit" is NOT easy esp. if you
>> don't speak/read Japanese.

Huh? I have never seen a sign to that exit that wasn't in both Romaji
and Japanese.

>> In terms of square footage, Tokyo eki is the
>> biggest freaking train station in the world.  It may be bigger than any of
>> the *airports* I've been to, with the possible exception of ORD and LAX.  I
>> remember I was pretty lost the first time I went, lucky I went with Cliff,
>> since he knew where it was.  Someone should post a little map of Tokyo Eki
>> so you can identify the proper exit... I can sorta tell you how to get there
>> from the .. um... oh bother now I've forgotten what train *I* was using... I
>> think it was the yamanote but I'm not sure.  bah.

One's first trip to Tokyo station can be quite an experience, but if you
have a little patience and are prepared to read the signs carefully,
it's fine.

20 years ago, stations like Shinjuku were a challenge if you couldn't
read Japanese. Even now, the romaji occasionally vanishes, especially in
the tunnels leading to adjacent subway lines.

>> I guess just follow the unmistakable scent of penguins and beer and you'll
>> be ok :)

Some interesting smells in the lower basement at Tengu, but I didn't
think any of them were penguin.....

Jim