From: Jonathan Q [mailto:jq@example.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 6:33 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: Linux 8.0

Scott Stone (SStone@example.com) wrote:

> well it wasn't a COMPLETE knock off, we did change a goodly amount of
stuff
> (ie, we broke a bunch of crap in 1.0 and added some new icons), but it got
> more independent after that..

My first TurboLinux was pre-1.0, I think :-)

It said "TurboLinux edition of Red Hat Linux 4.2" on the black CD-ROM :-)
It used fvwm95 as the window manager and I think it even called itself
Red Hat :-)  This was in 1997, my first Linux distro.

I might still have it some where, living as a drink coaster.
I'll have to look around for it :-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June 15 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae
Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, July 14 13:30-