Re: named at startup?

--On Monday, June 11, 2001 08:11:34 +0000 Jean-Christian Imbeault
<jean_christian@example.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip Jim, but unfrotunately I compiled named from source so
> there is no script, just a binary. I start named either with
> /usr/local/sbin/named or /usr/local/sbin/rndc start . . .
>
> So I guess I have to write my own /etc/rc.d script?

Yes.  Or steal the one from your distribution's named package and bash on
it to fit your newly compiled binary.  Or stick the appropriate invocation
in your rc.local file (although since some other services might expect DNS
to be working, it would be better to get it started earlier during the
startup sequence than rc.local might do).