Re: ++CD-ROM drive

>     Viktor> No intension to fight for it but: 95% of C++ critics never
>     Viktor> managed to learn C++ :)
>
> ... that puts the critics well ahead: 98% of C++ programmers still
> haven't learned to program in C++.

Both sounds reasonable; it's a hard language to master. I've been using
and enjoying C++ for over 10 years and still come back to code I've
written the day, week or year before and have the urge to throw it all
out and start again "properly". But I'd never choose C over C++ for any
project, big or small.

BTW, are there are any other languages (*) that allow you to use
templates (or similar) to write generic *efficient* code?

> I was successfully fighting the urge to rant

Me too. But ranting seems to be theme of the day. Must be the weather.

Darren

*: that have actually been implemented and are usable; not just a design
in an academic journal. But I'm interested in the latter as well.