RE: Off-Topic Rant on ./, KDE, et al. (was: Re: CD-ROM drive)

good point.  Even if you're one of the anti-American English types, and like
putting extraneous "U"s in words that shouldn't have one (color, armor,
etc...), remember that Queen Elizabeth II herself was one of the first users
of e-mail, back in 1976, when computers were still crawling out of the
primoridal soup onto dry land... :)

But from a non-grammatical standpoint, I also agree - Slashdot is a forum
primarily for A) communist anti-corporate activists that have technical
knowledge (ie, RMS) whose sole basic mantra is "linux good, microsoft bad,
and Og not so sure about Sun..." and B) dumbass morons of pretty much any
political persuasion.

It's the delightful mix of leftist militantism one one hand and the absolute
"I can't find my own ass with both hands" mentality on the other hand, that
keeps the casual read-only trolls coming back for more on a daily basis
(myself included, I must admit).

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA