LILO and trees.

After all the disk problems mails I've been reading on the list, I
installed RH 7.1 on my sturdy, but rather dated Compaq Deskpro. A
week later I shutdown for about an hour. Now my scsi disk just plays
a small musical note and refuses to spin up. Okay, so maybe it's not
RHs fault, bugger...

Anyway, the entertaining part is that as it got to the LILO prompt
(or rather didn't, just getting as far as "LI"), my printer starts
spewing out pages, with the word "LI" in random positions. It was
quite entertaining... Is this normal behaviour though, I hadn't
witnessed it before nor heard about it. The printer is connected to
the parallel port.

Actually, I was pretty amazed that it was able to get as far as LI
considering the disk isn't spinning...

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com