Japanese Keyboard

Hello,

When I install RH Linux in my laptop vaio Z505 with graphical
mode I can select keyboard/layout and, I can even test if the
selected keyboard is working right. I did and it worked fine. But
after the installation I start Linux (any text editor) I can't type
"} ] and _". Do I have to change anything to get my keyboard
work right? Thanks in advance. (Please answer in plain English).

I selected keyboard type and layout to Japanese 106 and Japanese.

Liton