Re: DNS is up!

>Reality check: assuming that you are, in fact, designing and building >this
>for a production environment ... do you _really_ think it's a >good idea to
>be discussing at this level of detail in a public forum?

Point well taken. But this is a DNS server for a local LAN. It shouldn't be
accessible from the Internet. It's behind a firewall and on a private LAN
using private IP addresses. None of the entries I will be putting in this
DNS server will be registered anywhere.

True that my knowledge of security is very low but I thought that this was
enough to make any information I gave out pretty much useless.

How is someone going to get in? None of the domains I gave are registered
anywhere and all the IPs are in the private range.

But if I am in fact sayign too much please let me know! (and if possible let
me know why just so I can understand my blunder and hopefully learn from
it).

Criticism and education always welcomed.

Jc