From: Jean-Christian Imbeault [mailto:jean_christian@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 1:08 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Setting up DNS

I'm slowly making my way through the DNS/BIND book but have it a first small

bump.

In following the examples the author creates a db.domain file (db.movie.edu)

and two db.ADDR files (db.192.249.249 and db.192.253.253). However he does
not explain where these file should reside (I assume they should be on the
machine running as DNS server) or why the two db.ADDR files are needed ...
(I'm assuming again they are for reverse name lookups but why would I need
that?)

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Jc

Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, May 12 13:30-
Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June (TBA) 19:30- Tengu Tokyo Eki Mae