Re: Apache rotate log config option is where?

>Log rotation is generally handled by a script called from cron
>which renames the existing log file, then sends a signal (USR1 for
>Apache)

The log rotation script in RH6.2 seems to be called logrotate. I've looked
at it's conf file and it sends HUP signals to httpd. Is this a wrong? Would
a USR1 be better?

>It sounds like you are having some trouble with outstanding
>connections, but this is likely unconnected to the log rolling.

I'm starting to think so too.

>More likely, the clients are downloading large files over
>slow links. If the connection has been lost or abandoned,
>then the httpd's will stick around until they time out.

Indeed, these are simple HTTP GET requests of large files over slow links
(400k over a 64k line).

I'll try putting a long sleep in the logrotate script and hope the children
die before the time is up ...

I don't know what causes this ... the slow links or what. But once in a
something hangs ... be it the client's fault (which incidentely are my own
servers), httpd itself, the log rotation script or the script I use to force
servers to HTTP GET files .... ugh!

Jc