Further horrors of 'ksysv'

  I reported yesterday that I had made the foolish mistake of using
the (apparently) alpha-code GUI tool 'ksysv' to get NFS started up
on boot-up.  I mentioned the (not particularly critical) fact that,
although NFS was starting up (I'm not sure that it's _really_ working),
I was now getting unsightly error messages about 'atd' not being able
to start up.

  I discovered tonight that something a lot more critical is now
BROKEN (!@#!!$!@!), almost certainly due to this misadventure with
'ksysv':  all my attempts to ftp in from 'VMWare' virtual Windopey
machines are now meeting with rejection.

  'I will never ever use GUI admin tools again'
  'I will never ever use GUI admin tools again'
  'I will never ever use GUI admin tools again'
  'I will never ever use GUI admin tools again'
  'I will never ever use GUI admin tools again'...

  Meanwhile, has someone - I _do_ hope - been here before?  And know
the way out of this dark, dark, stupid, stupid, hole that I have foolishly
fallen into?

  Sure hope so.  Cheers, Dennis
--
Dennis McMurchy,