Re: firewalling behind NAT?

Scott Stone (SStone@example.com) wrote:

> I think Netmeeting uses either the old or new Directplay format for message
> passing.  If you forward the right ports to the intended machine, it should
> work:
>
> OLD DIRECTPLAY:  tcp and udp 47624, tcp and udp 2300-2400 inclusive.
> NEW DIRECTPLAY:  9110/udp only

Not on a Sumitomo DSL router :-p  It partially works, but not
entirely.  It works better on the latest ones than on the
earlier ones, but is still officially held to be
unsupported.  Works fine on Cisco.  Probably works fine
if you're running a DSL modem and using a Linux box for
NATting, too (neat little jig to keep this on-topic,
huh?  :-)

Jonathan