ADSL

Hi,
To connect to the internet after the installation of "flets tool" (some
ADSL software I think) I typed "start-pppoe" in a terminal.After that
I clicked netscape icon to start the browser. But the browser couldn't
connect, instead it shows me a message something like:

"if it's not a root server I have to set the $SOCK_NS environment
variable to point the apropriate name server"

After that I tried to fix this by changing the preferences (like I type my
email
address and stuff) of netscape as I do in Windows, but didn't work.Can
someone tell me how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Liton