From: Stephen J. Turnbull [mailto:turnbull@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 11:18 AM
To: Scott Stone
Cc: 'tlug@example.com'
Subject: RE: bug/tracking system

    Scott> jitterbug, I have heard good things about.

Jitterbug, I have used.  I don't like it.

A lot of the problem is that it's web-based; I don't have anything
against _others_ using web-based interfaces, but I don't like them.  I
really prefer something that offers alternatives, but not much of
anything does, it seems.

The second problem from my point of view (as release manager) is that
it's hard to get a global perspective on what's going on.  It's
probably OK from the point of view of the "receptionists" and
"plumbers" who deal with the clients and the bugs, respectively.  But
management will find it hard to extract information about what kind of
bugs are happening and whether the fixes are addressing underlying
problems or just smoothing out the wrinkles while doing nothing about
the great gaping holes.

I don't know if anything is very good for that, though.