Re: LANGUAGE question

A postscript to my previous email:

>> I repeated the experiment with en_US:fr_FR and fr_FR:en_US. The same
>> outcome - the apps all stayed in French.
>>
>> Is the above behaviour correct response to that LANGUAGE setting? Seems
>> to me an odd way of having an "ordered list of language(s)". More of an
>> "anything_but_English" policy.

I tried using LANGUAGE set to de_DE:ja_JP and ja_JP:de_DE. Sure enough,
the applications spoke German in the first setting, and Japanese in the
second. Seems as though the gettext() library is interpreting
LANGUAGE as though the "en_*" is not there. Interesting, possibly
useful, but hardly I18N.

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of