Re: Yet another locale question....

>> From: Tobias Diedrich <ranma@example.com>
>> Jim Breen wrote:
>>
>> > Exactly. And the Swedish user who also speaks Japanese, and would like
>> > to use kinput2 from time-to-time via XIM, but still leaving his messages
>> > in Swedish, German, then English? What does he set?
>>
>> I think he'll get a big encoding problem in that case.
>> LANG="ja_JP.utf8"

	But doesn't this mean that (a) all POSIX compliant apps
	will switch to Japanese messages if they can, (b) only
	Japanese IMs will start?

>> LANGUAGES="swedish german english"

	For Gnu packages only. Has no effect on IMs, AFAIK.

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of