Re: DNS woes

>I don't
>understand, however, why they would choose to not disable all
>services by default in other install types.  A worktation, after
>all, is nearly as likely to be connected to the Internet as a
>server, and is just as vulnerable to attack.

I guess they assume that people with the know-how install servers and people
with less know-how (average Joe) install workstations.

I can kind of understand their logic. Can you imagine how frustrated Joe
would be if after doing a worstation installation he wasn't able to connect
to the net? He'd just give up Linux right away ...

I know I would have given up in frustration ... figuring out that the
services were disabled and how to enable them would have taken me too long.
Actaully I woudn't have even known what a "service" was :) That's how much
of a newbie I would have been.

Jc