Re: Sending Japanese mail in VM

(Grrr, try again with a sane email address. B****y majordomo...)

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 05:15:18PM +0900, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
> What is your VM version? Just tried to send a message to myself having
> typed it with `japanese' input method (select it with ^X-RET-^\ -- in
> emacs, I assume you use emacs, do you?) -- worked fine.
>
> As far as I know MIME support in VM is pretty good these days, no need
> for tm any more.

It's VM 6.89; I think I see what's going on - it wants to encode the
mail in quoted printable, but I didn't let it.

So, I guess I should ask a related quetion: what's the usual way of encoding
mail when sent in Japanese?

--
"It's God.  No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God."
(By Matt Welsh)