RE: How much space needed for a web server install?

Hmm, I see:

> For this one
> executes the following batch file under Windows, whereby source and target
> path should be on different drives and the file should be more than
> 100 MBytes large.

This indicates to me that it's a problem transferring BETWEEN drives, and
not a problem with a SINGLE drive.  So I might have problems installing
stuff from my CDROM, but with a single disk it should work, if the above is
to be believed... unfortunately the patch that is referenced in the
forwarded message below has a specific caveat that it does nothing on the
AMD-761 Northbridge boards.. :(

But, it also says:

> On Main boards with the AMD Northbridge AMD-761 and the VIA Southbridge
686B the error
> could theoretically likewise emerge, but at present the Patch does
> nothing on these systems.

indicating that it might NOT be a problem on the AMD-761, if I'm reading
this right?  I've sent out emails to VIA, Gigabyte, and the vendor from
where I bought the board asking for more information on this..

but my box has been running for 2 weeks with no problems...

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA