Re: Linux with Windows2000

liton wrote:

> Well.........I installed and could boot to Linux but couldn't boot
> Windows. Seems my LILO couldn't find Windows.

First, a possibility which might work, which is easy if it works:  If you
have linuxconf or some similar program to configure your Linux system, run
that and go to the screens for boot configurations.  Add a non-Linux boot
configuration, and set that for the partition that contains NTDETECT.COM,
NTLDR, etc.  (Microsoft calls that the Windows 2000 system partition because
that's the partition that gets booted.  That's usually your C: partition.
That might or might not be the same as what Microsoft calls the Windows 2000
boot partition where you installed the Windows 2000 system files.)

If the above doesn't work, you'll have to run the Windows 2000 repair
console and set the MBR back to the Windows 2000 version.  Of course that'll
stop you from booting Linux.  So first you'll have to make a rescue floppy
which will boot your existing Linux system by booting from the floppy.  Then
either boot your Windows 2000 CD or make the 4 setup floppies from the
images on the W2000 CD, and during the boot phase, tell it you want to do a
repair.  After you have W2000 bootable again, boot your Linux floppy and fix
your lilo configuration.