Re: Syslog info.

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 10:13:24AM +0900, Hal Nakajima wrote:
> Could anybody tell me the meaning of the under mentioned message which
> came from syslog?
> *****************************
> May  3 20:00:33 host inetd[8220]: auth/tcp: bind: Address already in use

Are you starting both a standalone identd (the "auth" server)
and trying to have inetd listen to port 113 and start identd
from there?  (If you are running a recent version of identd as
a standalone daemon, just remove/comment out the 'auth' line in
your /etc/inetd.conf file.)

--
Jim Tittsler
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/