Re: Looking for c source code to generate cvs passwords

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 03:57:27PM +0900, SL Baur wrote:
> This is way overkill.  There are password generation programs in the
> `expect' package and also in the `shadow-utils' package.  Expect is
> compilable on just about anything.

Um, I don't see any scripts in the expect package that return encrypted
passwords. mkpasswd just generates passwords and sticks them in the
/etc/passwd file if you're root. None of the other scripts seem any closer.
Nor do I see anything helpful in shadow-utils. Granted, I'm not looking
at a TurboLinux box, but I doubt that matters. Which ones are you talking
about that do the equivalent of perl -e 'print crypt("password","aa"),"\n"'
?

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/