Re: cutting and pasting into vim in a kterm

Joss Winn wrote:

> I use vim in a kterm but can't for the life of me cut from another
> application and paste into vim.  I am able to if I run vim in a
> gnome-terminal but as soon as I use kterm with vim, all I get is a '>'
> if I try to paste anything in.

I just tried it with the following versions:
(1) run vim 5.7 (Romaji only) in a kterm, press A to put it in insert
  mode, paste in some stuff from another window (Romaji only),
  no problem.
(2) run vim 6.0ad (latest alpha version) in a kterm, press A to put it
  in insert mode, paste in the same stuff, no problem.
(3) run gvim 6.0ad (also latest alpha version but running in its own
  window), press A to put it in insert mode, paste in the same stuff,
  no problem.

I suppose I should have pasted in some Japanese stuff in the last
two cases to do a better test.