Re: how to delete HD partitions screwed up by DOS' fdisk

> I just want to delete everything and start from scratch but
> I don't know how to delete the partitions

Get a friend with Win98 or even (horrors!) WinME to make you an
"emergency diskette" (or whatever it's called in ME). You ought to be
able to run FDISK off that, and whatever FDISK's other faults I think
it's pretty good at destroying what it sees.

Alternatively (since you want Win2K anyway), you could just install
Win2K and repartition as part of the installation process (if it's
offered as part of this process, and I think it is).

Or perhaps there's a Linux-on-a-single diskette that comes with a
nuke-and-rebuilt hard drive utility.

++++++++
Peter Evans mailto:peter@example.com