Re: missing fonts with kterm

Quoting Antony Stace <antony@example.com>:

> I am having trouble with running kterm.  When I
> start kterm I get the message "unable to open font".  The
> kterm works fine with english characters, but goes a
> little crazy with Japanese [...]

Do you have the Japanese fonts installed? Sorry if this is a
dumb question. On my (RedHat) system, I have the following
package installed, which provides Japanese fonts:

XFree86-jpfonts-2.0-11k2

I snagged it from ftp.kddlabs.co.jp or ftp.jaist.ac.jp, I
think. On the latter, the dir is /os/linux/kondara/ and so on.

"No segfault, no problem."

Josh Glover
jmglov@example.com