Re: XIM, kinput2 & Tk

Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 04:45:21PM +0200, Mike Fabian wrote:
>
> > Yes, it's terrible. But there is little we can do against that.
>
> Wrong.
>
> * Don't use apps that ignore standards, or

I am personally trying to do that.

> * Patch apps to conform to sane standards.

Usually I am reluctant to patch the upstream source code more
than absolutely necessary. I think it is better to discuss with
the upstream authors and get reasonable changes integrated.

> If I don't like something, I either don't use it (openssh) or fix it (xfree86).

I also don't use applications I don't like (e.g. KMail).
But users keep asking for stuff like that.

> Apathy is bullshit.

This is unfair. I don't think that I am apathetic, I am really trying
to improve as much as I can. But of course my time is limited.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。