Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
About burning a linux dist on CD
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: About burning a linux dist on CD
- From: "legend" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 01:26:43 -0400
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain;charset="iso-2022-jp"
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <mbZEDC.A.pDG.4G926@example.com>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Hi, is there a way you can burn a bootable Linux CD using Windows? I've checked out "Burning a RedHat CD HOWTO" at http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO.html but obviously this is for people with burner working under Linux.. I have an USB CD-R which only seems to work under Win (I don't really want to upgrade to kernel 2.4 just for this). So I was wondering if anyone has done this or has a good idea of how to do this. Can I just burn the copy of the directory structure to the CD and the boot.img at the root without worrying about permissions of the files...? Thanks in advance. -mune
- Re: About burning a linux dist on CD
- From: Kyle Wright <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: About burning a linux dist on CD
- Next by Date: RE: About burning a linux dist on CD
- Prev by thread: Good time for Emacs and I18N questions ...
- Next by thread: Re: About burning a linux dist on CD
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links