funny bug

I want to share with you a bug in my shell script I discovered
yesterday. The script was in production for quite a while...

In the shell script I test if a process is running:

if [ `ps -ef | grep [pP]rog_name | wc -l` -ne 0 ]

[pP]rog_name thing filters out the grep process which works fine
... unless your current directory contains prog_name file!

if [ `ps -ef | grep '[pP]rog_name' | wc -l` -ne 0 ]

fixes the problem.

I wonder if a funny bugs collection exists somewhere on the Net.
If not, let's start one on the TLUG website :)

Viktor