Re: Keyboard

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 05:37:00AM +0900, SN_Diamond wrote:

> > It should have a PS/2 connector (USB with adaptor to PS/2 would
> > probably be even better...).
>
> A USB to PS/2 adapter can work for a mouse because the protocol used by a
> mouse is simple enough.  A USB to PS/2 adapter cannot work for a keyboard
> because the protocol is more complicated and the scancodes for keys differ
> between USB keyboards and PS/2 keyboards.

Actually it really works...
PS/2 mouse and keyboard protocol should be nearly identical...
And in the new c't (german computer magazine, c't stands for "Computer und Technik" IIRC) were pictures of Keyboards with USB->PS/2 adaptors (In an article about Computer startup problems caused by Mouse and Keyboard with too high power consumption...).
Like every year they have an april fools day article ^_^
This time it's about improving Windows performance by disabling the IDLE-Task...
(Did you ever wonder why IDLE is always hogging the CPU if you do nothing ^_- ?)
In the same article they say that Linux is faster because it does not have an IDLE-Task *g*

> [USB keyboard issues]

That's why I want to have one with an adaptor of course ^_^

> > Of course one can buy that in any computer shop, right ?
>
> Yes.  PS/2 keyboards can be bought for around 1,000 yen at some places in
> Akihabara.  I think I've seen USB keyboards for 3,000 yen.  I don't recall
> the cost of a Microsoft Natural keyboard though.

I remember having bought mine for about 130DM which is approx. 7200 Yen at
the moment...
Of course it does not have to be a Microsoft Keyboard but I'm really satisfied
with mine... It's way better than the noname Ergo Keyboard my brother is
using... Maybe Microsoft should concentrate on selling Hardware instead of
Software *eg*

--
Tobias
nya~ni ?