Re: PCMCIA setting

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 06:26:31PM +0900, YAMAGATA Hiroo wrote:

> Obviously your PCMCIA card is not properly recognized.

Nope.  The error isn't coming from the PCMCIA layer -- it's the
PCI layer.  The card is actually cardbus, which is treated as another
PCI bus from the kernel point of view.

The PCI interrupt router (which I assume is a PIIX4 or suchlike) doesn't look
like it was set up properly by the BIOS -- this is unfortunately pretty damned
common with laptops.  Typically what the OS does is reassign i/o addresses
and IRQ settings anyway (in fact, that's why most BIOS have the "PnP OS"
option -- if it's turned on, the BIOS doesn't even bother to try).

The error message actually contained a workaround, but it's a bad workaround.
I don't have a source tree here, so I can't give the correct kernel
compile options right now.

-- Chris