Re: [despammed] NTFS partion resizing

> Does anyone know how I can resize a Win 2000 partion to
> allow space for installing Linux? I know know there is
> Partion Commander or System Commander, but how well do
> they work?

Disclaimer: I've never done this myself.

I believe that Partition Commander will do it. The beef about this
program, I've read, is that the publisher's tech support (which used to
be good) is not merely mediocre/useless, but sometimes insultingly so.

The latest version(s) of PartitionMagic will do it, too. But
PartitionMagic is vast.

Just before I decided not to partition my drive -- a long and
Linux-irrelevant story, which I'll spare you -- I was on the point of
ordering Partition Manager, from http://www.partition-manager.com/index1.htm .
I haven't read any reviews of this or heard of anybody's experiences
with it, but it's reasonably priced and can be bought and downloaded
quickly: no middleman or large cardboard box to pay for.

--
Peter Evans <peter@example.com>