Fletts ISDN

I've just run across a Japanese news item that indicates a problem with the
Fletts ISDN service offered by NTT East and West; some subscribers may find
that the service stops working for them on 1 May.  The problem seems to be
that the "MyLine" switch, which will eliminate telephone carrier access codes,
will direct all calls over the line to the selected voice-signal carrier's
exchange -- and if that's not NTT, the initial connection will not reach the
NTT exchange, and so cannot be shunted onto the NTT data network for onward
transmission to the Internet provider.  NTT E&W are said to be workin' on it.

My question is about the Fletts service itself, of which I have no experience.
The article refers to "jouji setsuzoku" ($B>o;~@example.com(B).  Does this mean a
flat-rate, 24-hour connection?  Or does it have some other meaning?  I'm very
keen to hear from those in the know.

*****

This is for a (free) newsletter I've started up on Internet-related regulatory
and legal developments.  On the off chance that anyone might find such a thing
useful, you can subscribe by sending email with the word "subscribe" in the
subject header to:

  japan-elaw-news@example.com

It comes out roughly once every working day.

The article itself can be found under:

  http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/jijinews/

Cheers,
Frank Bennett