Re: losing distros like RH

gparis@example.com writes:

> > Debian (main distro) and Turbolinux (JP distro, at least) both install
> > reasonable configs of kterm, canna, kinput2 "out of the box".
>
> Right. And the German will tell you nothing except Suse is worth anything ;-)

Yeah, many Germans won't accept anything, but Suse. I am not into pain, so I wont
touch Suse in the near future [for Japanese Information processing].
(Some guys/woman  next door to me seem to suffer ;-)

> So well, I happen to have RH because somebody nice was around to help me learn
> at first - not everybody grew up in front of a computer screen like most of my
> friends did!

> Unfortunately, this helpful person doesn't know any Japanese, and doesn't seem
> to understand why I'd want to be able to input it at all.

> So well, I'll just give it up and boot Windoze to read Japanese... My poor
> suffering computer may not like the idea, but will have to get used to it.

If you don't feel confident to install RedHat by your self, maybe that nice
persons helps you again, to install a Japanized RedHat.

I use RedHat 6.2J[apan] FTP-Version, which I got from a Nikkei-Linux  CD.
You can use the installer in English, and after your System got installed you
have nice English menus, Canna-kinput2 on kterm working out of the box (even
with a German keyboard). Therefore, it is not necessary to know any Japanese
to install a well configured Japanized RedHat 6.2.

Andreas Marcel Riechert