Re: RH7J and Gnome start menu and configuration vs. 800x600 screen

Austin Kurahone replied to me:

>> I can't find .gtkrc, gtkrc, or gtkrc.ja anywhere, and don't seem to have an
> > rpm for Kondara though I assume a search on the net wouldn't be too hard for
> > the latter.  Is Kondara a window manager, more flexible on this problem than
> > Sawfish?
>
> Uhhhh, the day that there is a .rpm package for a .gtkrc is the day I'm
> going to go over to writing DOS 3.0 programs with MASM.

I said, and you quoted:  "and don't seem to have an rpm for Kondara".
Is Kondara the name of a particular .gtkrc file with nothing else involved?

> Just drop it in your home directory.

Uh, OK, I guess I can copy from Yamashita-san's e-mail into a .gtkrc file
and drop it into my home directory.  Will Gnome automatically start using
the fonts that are specified there?

If yes, then is Kondara irrelevant to this issue?

Was there some way to guess that .gtkrc is an initialization file for Gnome?
A name like .gnomerc would have been a lot more obvious.

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond