Re: Displaying kanji/kana in X

At 21:01 01/02/08 +0900, you wrote:
>Install kterm, the internationalized version of rxvt (or are they
>merged now?), GNU Emacs 20 or 21, or XEmacs 21 compiled with Mule.

rxvt source code is already internationalized.  However, usually they do
not specify kanji at the compile time. So, you might have to recompile it
or get a rpm/deb that is sure to handle kanji.

For less, get the iso-2022 patched version.  Anothe choice is lv.
I like lv because it triples as an encoding converter, and grep.