Re: Three questions

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 12:27:08AM +0900, Shimpei Yamashita wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I have 256MB of swap against 96MB of physical memory on a box running
> > 2.2.16. I haven't really seen any performance degredation due to swap,
> > although I also haven't done any control testing on this.
>
> Yeah?  What was your swap high-water mark?

how many swap partitions do you have? :)
note that a 256mb swap partition will only be addressed as 127mb, since
that seems to be the largest swap space that the kernel wants to address.
Or did they fix that somewhere along the line?  I really haven't been
paying attention :)

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company